Premium Services Trainer - Tempe/Travel
- Posted: 09 March 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Premium Services Trainer
Tempe (Home Location) and Travel to Arizona Clinics
As a Premium Services Trainer, you'll be responsible implementing training plans and providing hands on training for newly hired Premium Services Counselors. You’ll provide ongoing training and development of PCs in the areas of processes and Advanced Technology. Additionally, you’ll conduct training in multiple environments (classroom, webex, in clinic, etc), and act as a resource to all Premium Services Counselors, and PC Team Leads.
- Maintains open communication with all team members and management
- Travels to all locations as needed
- Assists in streamlining processes and training
- Implements Surgery Counselor training plans and reviews individual’s EDU presentation to make sure every patient is given all information possible regarding cataract surgery options
- Updates the Surgery Counselor Training Manual as needed
- Works with counselors falling below minimum AT conversion rate expectations to increase numbers
- Mentors, coaches and develops team members which include building morale and creating a positive environment
- Trains employees on Nextgen practice management system and eligibility software
- Participates in both group and one-on-one training for staff, managers and clinicians employed by the practice
- Provides feedback to directors and managers on ongoing training objectives, further development for staff and/or software, and creative ideas for continued growth and stability related to staff and practice management utilization
- Demonstrates understanding of practice management policies and procedures
- Educates, monitors and communicates ongoing revisions of practice workflow processes to ensure compliance by front end users in a timely manner
- Prepares and delivers presentations, demonstrations, staff meetings, and end user classes including one-one-one training with staff
- Signs off on training of all new Counselors
- High School Diploma or GED
- 1+ years minimum experience as a Surgery Counselor with AVP preferred
- Previous training experience preferred
- Ability to travel to all Southwestern Eye Center locations throughout Arizona - mileage is a paid benefit!
- Expert level knowledge and experience with Nextgen EMR/EPM system
- Working knowledge of insurances and requirements
- Knowledge of approaches, tools and techniques for delivering formal and informal training programs and evaluating effectiveness
- Must be an intermediate to extensive PC user, and be able to maintain (create, edit, professional output) Microsoft Office products efficiently (Word, Excel, Power Point)
Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to problem solve, demonstrate critical thinking, and make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.