Patient AR Manager
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 12 September 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners - Phoenix Corporate Office (Biltmore)
The Patient A/R Manager will be responsible for day-to-day operations of the Patient A/R team with a focus on the inbound call center. Directs and coordinates the overall functions related to the revenue cycle to ensure maximization of cash flow, while improving patient, physician, customer relations and outstanding accounts receivable. Oversees patient A/R team with the support of supervisory staff.
- Manages the day to day operations of the Patient A/R Department to maximize the patient experience.
- Analyzes daily, weekly, and month end reports to identify opportunities for process improvements.
- Routinely reports out key performance indicators to leadership and manages team accordingly to ensure targeted metrics are met.
- Monitors and identifies processes to be implemented in order to achieve key call center metrics including but not limited to abandonment rate, occupancy rate, and wrap time.
- Oversees team’s productivity audits, track problematic trends and compiles statistical data on a monthly basis.
- Manages supervisory staff and ensures that department policies are followed and administered fairly.
- Responds to BBB inquires timely and appropriately.
- Review and approve adjustments and refunds.
- Resolve complex payer or physician issues when necessary. Act as a primary point of contact for clinical operations for day to day operational issues relating to patient billing and collections.
- Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of department staff. Ensures that department policies are fairly administered by overseeing corrective action process, employee training, mentoring and coaching employees and supervisors as well as completing performance reviews.
- Consistently reviewing practice management work queues on a regular basis to ensure that workloads are evenly distributed and that department goals are being met.
- Communicates performance data and action plans to leadership.
- Conducts regular meetings with staff. Provides direction to staff on changes in reimbursement or payer guidelines.
- Keeps abreast of changes in billing regulations.
- Research and resolve discrepancies in a timely manner.
- Works with sensitive information and must be able to exercise discretion.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Minimum five years in a leadership role within a healthcare revenue cycle department preferred.
- Previous leadership experience with strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate others with a positive attitude.
- Leadership capability and proven success working within a large call center environment preferred.
- Demonstrated experience managing to key performance indicators including experience routinely reporting metrics and managing a team to meet defined metric based goals.
- Advanced ability working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table), PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- Experience working with NextGen practice management is preferred.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA/BS in Business Administration, Account, Finance or equivalent is preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.