Clinic Manager - Mesa Baseline
- Posted: 14 September 2021
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Barnet Dulaney Perkins/AVP
As the Clinic Manager, you'll oversee the day-to-day operational functions for the clinic, ensuring that office policies, procedures, and plans are executed in a smooth and expeditious manner. You'll provide leadership, guidance, and expertise to all staff members as well as effectively communicating departmental activities to the team. The Clinic Manager is responsible for establishing a high performance team that is efficient, knowledgeable, service oriented, and shares responsibility for attaining the goals of the practice.
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and patients.
- Oversees the completion of daily tasks ensuring appropriate workload assignments
- Reviews and approves clinic employee time cards and time off requests
- Trains, coaches and mentors employees for ongoing development
- Interviews, hires, and recommends salary increases for clinic personnel as well as aids in the development of employee goals that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals
- Responsible for the profitability and budget development of assigned clinic location. Reviews and analyzes monthly management information reports.
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned location
- Fosters development of strong relationships between employees and providers
- Responsible for the ongoing development of community outreach, building and maintaining relationships with referring doctor’s and other efforts to increase growth
- Assists in finding resolution to problems and keeps an open line of communication with all staff to ensure high productivity
- Works with other managers in identifying and finding a solution for staffing overages/shortages
- Completes all end of day tasks and reports
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies
- Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Bilingual is a huge plus!
- Bachelor of Science degree strongly preferred
- Minimum of three years’ experience managing a medical practice required
- 5+ years medical practice management experience preferred
- Strong financial aptitude and computer skills
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding optometric care
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with patient's needs and concerns
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Demonstrated ability to delegate and supervise a team
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.