Director, Due Diligence and Integration
- Posted: 20 September 2022
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
American Vision Partners
Director of Due Diligence & Integrations
The Director of Due Diligence & Integrations is responsible for helping drive the pre-close due diligence and acquisition (M&A) integrations of acquired entities, directly supporting and enabling AVP’s growth strategy. The acquisition and integration process is dynamic and complex, requiring this individual to be well-organized, detail oriented, methodical and process-driven, while exhibiting natural leadership and team building qualities. This includes developing and executing scalable and repeatable processes for effective and efficient diligence & integrations which assure the company can meet our growth objectives and support our growth goals from a strategic, cultural, systems and operational perspective. This role will be a key member of the M&A, Business Development Team and will interact with senior leadership at AVP regularly.
1. Responsible for all pre-close due diligence efforts for a M&A activity, facilitating all AVP departmental diligence needs as well as third-party agency diligence findings.
2. Serves as a liaison between the Seller and American Vision Partners from signing of the Letter of Intent to Closing, interacting heavily with physicians and key administrative personnel.
3. Manages due diligence request lists and catalogues and can retrieve extensive data files through share file or a virtual data room (VDR).
4. Manages all critical timelines and milestones internally as well as with external selling physicians.
5. Conducts 1-on-1 weekly meetings with core departmental leaders to develop integration plans.
6. Co-leads weekly cross-functional Diligence & Integration meeting, focused on leading the broader team through strategic decisions and milestones in the due diligence and integration processes.
7. Establishes repeatable processes within integration and continually seeks opportunity for improvement.
8. Responsible for providing common formats for outputs on action items, establishing disciplined timelines (Gannt charts), coordinating schedules, and communicating progress to leadership.
9. Regularly travels to visit acquired practices to facilitate diligence gathering for AVP Team and to set clear expectations of the process.
10. Identifies new synergies and sources of value enhancement.
11. Ideal candidate will also be responsible for all post-close acquisition integration planning and execution, managing the Manager of Integration with significant overlap between the Diligence and Integration roles.
12. Leads cross-functional team in pre-close integration planning through to final execution.
13. Works with leaders to develop an AVP integration playbook and customizes the playbook for each acquisition.
14. Coordinates key departments and partners with Manager of Integration to provide all stakeholders with critical data and materials needed for successful integration.
15. Develops productive and synergistic relationships with all members of the team.
16. Owns the resolution of issues for each project including determining, rationalizing, tracking and headlining issues that arise during the integration.
- 7+ years of progressive responsibility and knowledge in multi-site healthcare operations management.
- Deep knowledge of cross-functional back office business operations.
- Desire to work in a fast paced, high performance team environment (private equity owned portfolio company), managing multiple complex integrations at the same time.
- Acquisition due diligence and integration experience preferred; project management certification and experience in M&A preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in a related field or comparable experience.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.