Payment Posting and Credit Supervisor - Phoenix (Biltmore)
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 22 February 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Payment Posting and Credit Supervisor - Cash Applications and Credit
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix Biltmore Location
As a Payment Positing and Credit Supervisor, you will supervise the payment posting team and will be responsible for ensuring that all payments and denials are posted accurately and in a timely manner.
- Oversees and sometimes performs the job duties of subordinate positions when needed.
- Monitor designated team’s daily cash reconciliation and report of payments posted to ensure that all batches posted daily correspond to the amount of electronic and live checks deposited; assures that variances are corrected in a timely manner.
- Supervises the team that accurately posts transactions (payments and adjustments) from various sources on a daily basis. Payments sources include Electronic Remittances, paper checks and EOB’s, patients, collection agency, capitation plans, Care Credit and Patient Portal.
- Responsible for ensuring credit balances are refunded in a timely and accurate manner. Supervises team that is responsible for credit resolution.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and data for department, and provide reporting and action plans for improvement.
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback, and encourages two-way participation and ideas.
- Coaches established employees when needs are identified, holding employees accountable for results through coaching and development of action plans.
- Supervises the team to ensure adherence to the department’s payment reconciliation process to ensure meet or exceed productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Participates in the review and hiring process for each team member.
- Prioritizes work to maximize turn-around time.
- Supervises the team to ensure maintenance of an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5 years medical billing experience, cash applications experience preferred
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Minimum 2 years in a leadership role
- Previous NextGen PM Experience Preferred
- Supervisor and leadership experience.
- The ability to lead and motivate a team.
- Strong background and experience in Revenue Cycle Management.
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.