Medical Billing Supervisor- Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 04 May 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
This position supports the billing assistants who perform billing and collection tasks on a day to day basis.
- Support team of billing assistants
- Monitor and manage productivity and performance of assigned employees including daily/weekly/monthly department metrics to Senior Leadership.
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback to subordinates and invites two-way communication.
- Coaches established employees when needs are identified, holding employees accountable for results through coaching and development of action plans.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and data for department, and provide reporting and action plans for improvement.
- Participates in the review process for each team member.
- Participates in the process of hiring team members.
- Assist the Payment Posting team with posting approved Adjustments and Refunds.
- Scanning all incoming mail and distributing according to department policy.
- Scanning any miscellaneous paperwork that needs to be filed and associated a patient account.
- Creating the daily deposits for incoming mail payments.
- Processing all credit card payments related to incoming mail payments.
- Ordering and putting away supplies.
- Prioritizes work to maximize turn-around time.
- Equipment management.
- Back-up for Charge and Payment Posters if needed.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Answer and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Check and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- Conducts self in accordance with the company’s standard values and policies.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs, corporate and professional, to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 3 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Prior leadership experience preferred
- Supervisor and Leadership experience
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Experience in revenue cycle management
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.