Admin Specialist - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 03 March 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix Biltmore
As the Admin Specialist, you'll support the revenue cycle management team as a member of our insurance follow up team. The role is responsible for performing insurance follow up related tasks to ensure accurate insurance payment is received.
- Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed.
- Review and work eligibility related denials.
- Process incoming inquiries from insurance companies.
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response or are not on file, in a timely manner according to each insurance’s contracted filing limits.
- Prints claim forms and attaches supporting documents as needed.
- Scanning any miscellaneous paperwork that needs to be filed and associated a patient account.
- Ordering and putting away supplies.
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production.
- Maintain an error rate in accordance with departmental policy.
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- Conducts self in accordance with the company’s standard values and policies.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs, corporate and professional, to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 1-year medical billing experience or applicable certification in coding and/or medical billing
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.