Bilingual Medical Front Office Specialist (PSS)- El Paso (Common Site)
- Posted: 18 June 2021
- El Paso, TX, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Texas, Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Patient Service Specialist
Southwestern Eye Institute- El Paso (Common Site)
As our highly visible Patient Service Specialist, you'll be patient's first touch and are responsible for gathering important information for their visit and providing an exceptional patient experience.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Schedules appointments in person or over the phone
- Checks patients in and out
- Answers patient questions; maintains the reception area
- Ensures availability of treatment information by filing and retrieving patient records
- Maintains patient accounts by obtaining, recording, and updating personal and financial information
- Performs all insurance and benefits verifications and pre-authorizations
- Prepares medical records
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Bilingual Highly Preferred
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Medical Front Desk Experience preferred
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer great perks like significant eye care discounts, child care assistance continuing education funds, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.