Bilingual Ophthalmic Back Office Assistant - Tucson (Wetmore)
- Posted: 19 April 2022
- Tucson, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Bilingual Ophthalmic Assistant
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Tucson (Wetmore) Clinic; travel to South Region as needed
As an Ophthalmic Assistant, you’ll be responsible for preparing the patient for the exam with the doctor. You’ll gather important medical information from the patient, perform preliminary tests, and gather measurements while providing highest quality of care and an exceptional patient experience.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Keeps doctors’ rooms filled to ensure clinic patient flow
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Performs visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldmann and Tonopen tonometry tests and keratometry on patients
- Checks pupils, extra-ocular muscles, confrontational fields and inserts eye drops for dilation
- Runs diagnostic tests such as Immersion A-scan, OCTs and Visual Fields
- Administers color vision, depth perception and Schirmer’s tear testing as needed
- Assists in minor office procedures (lasers, excisions, etc.)
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1-year of experience in Ophthalmology preferred
- COA, COT is a plus
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.