ASC Training Manager
- Posted: 02 October 2019
- Tempe, AZ, USA
ASC Training Manager- Tempe
As the ASC Training Manager, you'll be responsible for leading the strategic and tactical operations of the ASC team with regards to training needs according to policies, procedures, philosophy, and objectives. You’ll coordinate and direct training needs and related activities as well as oversee the ASC Training staff.
- Trains, coaches and mentors ASC staff
- Fosters development of strong relationships between the surgery center staff, clinic staff and providers
- Makes recommendations on the orientation process for new hires and ensures documentation of the same
- Assists in finding resolution of problems to ensure surgical case flow continues uninterrupted
- Keeps an open line of communication with physicians, staff and leaders to ensure high productivity
- Serves on Committees and assists with the development of policies and procedures as assigned
- Works with the Nursing Directors, Quality & Compliance Directors to ensure the center abides by all surgery standards and regulations
- Ensure newly hired personnel are properly trained on the NextGen EHR system as it specifically relates to the ASC processes
- Analyze and interpret data as it relates to ASC processes
- Work closely with ASC leadership to ensure standardization of business practices across the ASC platform
- Assist with the development and revision of ASC policies and procedures to ensure compliance with State and Federal regulations and current standards of practice.
- Assess facility compliance with company policies/procedures and State and Federal regulations.
- Train ASC staff on new EHR processes. Monitors process for process improvement.
- Work with IT to implement and monitor NextGen templates. Provide process improvement as needed.
- Protect privacy and confidentiality of information pertaining to patients and employees.
- Plan, organize and implement ASC programs according to scheduled timeframes and within established budgets.
- Facilitates change and serves as a role model in adapting to and implementing American Vision Partner’s change management philosophies, and supports and facilitates a positive approach to change among team members.
- Meets and exceeds company goals and initiatives through responsible business practices and planning.
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Nursing Degree (RN) required; BSN preferred
- 5+ years of ASC experience with previous ophthalmic nursing experience required
- 5+ years of ASC management experience preferred
- ACLS required within 6 months of hiring
- 3+ years of NextGen experience
- Basic knowledge of scheduling and insurance authorization
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to work independently and maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to travel to all ASC locations as needed
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.