Surgery Scrub Tech PRN - Tucson
- Posted: 10 August 2022
- Tucson, AZ, USA
Tucson, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Surgery Scrub Technician (Per Diem)
Southwestern Eye Center- Tucson, with travel to south division ASCs
As a Surgery Scrub Technician, your strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills will be valuable in our fast-paced, high-volume environment. You will utilize your knowledge and skills to support all surgeries including pre-op preparation, patient transportation, sterilization, patient discharge, as well as other support duties.
- Prepares operating room for surgery, including gathering equipment and supplies, ensuring the operating room is in working order and sterilized for surgery
- Assists with washing, shaving and disinfecting of the surgical site
- Sets up and maintains the sterile field maintaining sterile technique at all times
- Assists with draping, sponging, retracting, passing sterile instruments and sterile supplies to the surgeon, cut sutures, and perform other duties as requested by the surgeon
- Supports the surgeon by anticipating needs and have all necessary equipment and instruments available
- Assists in the care or disposal of specimens and wound dressing
- Helps with the transfer of the patient to and from the operating room
- Supports the front desk with answering phones, pulling charts, and other clerical tasks as needed
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Graduate of an accredited surgical technologist program
- Experience working in a surgical environment; Ophthalmology experience is a plus
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule Monday through Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.