Regional Director, Clinic Operations
- Posted: 26 March 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Director, Clinic Operations
Phoenix Metro- East
As the Director of Clinic Operations, you'll be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating clinic and patient care services with Clinic Management team, within assigned territory, to ensure quality care and optimal clinical efficiency.
- Lead in a way that prioritizes and exemplifies the Company’s Core Values – Financial Strength, Exceptional Experience, Teamwork, Continuous Improvement, and Hard Work.
- Oversees the clinic line of service for efficiency and quality of patient encounters in assigned territory.
- Responsible for the profitability of assigned territory. Reviews and analyzes financial performance and management information reports. Assists in developing a business plan for the territory in conjunction with the Senior Leadership Team.
- Approves all clinic new hires, transfers and salary increases for personnel.
- Aids in the ongoing development of employee training programs to include creating written workflows.
- Aids in setting goals for direct reports’ that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals.
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned territory. Makes recommendations when a provider is underutilized.
- Identify top growth priorities. Assist in analyzing the feasibility of special situations or opportunities for the territory, i.e. new acquisitions, new locations, new providers. Responsible for the implementation of these strategic growth initiatives.
- Trains, coaches and mentors’ direct reports. Fosters development of strong relationships between direct reports and providers.
- Assists Clinic Managers with developing plans for community outreach, building and maintaining referring doctor relationships, and other efforts to increase growth.
- Assists in finding resolution of problems and keeps line of communication open with staff and Managers to ensure high productivity.
- Serves on Committees and assists with the development of procedures and policies.
- Works with Nurse Director(s), Director of Optical, Director of Clinical Quality, Director of Clinical Compliance, and Director of Premium Services to ensure assigned territory abides by all regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork, and customer service standards.
- Position travels up to 75% within territory. Valid AZ Driver License and car insurance required.
- Performs additional duties as reasonably assigned
- High School diploma or GED required, Bachelors degree strongly preferred
- 5 years Healthcare Management required
- Recent Multi-Site Management Experience required
- Working knowledge of computers paired with knowledge of standard accounting principles and budgetary experience.
- Physician Relationship Experience required
- Strong financial aptitude and computer skills
- Experience with a fully-integrated medical office software package is a plus
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Proven ability to delegate and supervise a team
- Dedication to high quality patient care
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.