Retina Team Lead - Sun City Thunderbird
- Posted: 21 April 2022
- Sun City, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
Retina Team Lead
Southwestern Eye Center - Sun City Thunderbird; Travel to Casa Grande, Scottsdale-Miller and Maryvale as needed.
As an Ophthalmic Assistant Team Lead, you’ll assist the Clinic Manager supervision of ophthalmic assistants and technicians and generate important preliminary information to be used by the physician. You’ll also be responsible for reviewing patient status and performing medical tests under the direction of the physician.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Performs visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldmann and Tonopen tonometry tests and keratometry on patients
- Checks pupils, extra-ocular muscles, confrontational fields and inserts eye drops for dilation
- Runs diagnostic tests such as Immersion A-scan, OCTs and Visual Fields
- Administers color vision, depth perception and Schirmer’s tear testing as needed
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Monitors E-faxes and Erx’s to ensure failed attempts are managed timely
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- Scribes for the provider(s) when able, to help the flow and minimize clinic delays
- In conjunction with the Clinic Manager: sets, monitors and evaluates goals, assists in preparation and documentation of reviews, interviews, hires, supervises, counsels, appraises, and recommends salary increases for back office personnel.
- Assists with scheduling back office staff assignments and oversees efficient patient flow
- Meets with the Clinic Manager on a regular basis to discuss operational needs
- Assists with training back office employees to include, but not limited to, navigation in EHR, MIPS, coding/documentation requirements, provider preferences in the technician work-up and Out-Patient Treatment Center policies and procedures
- Conducts technician quarterly chart audits, and in conjunction with the Clinic Manager, reviews findings with staff and helps in the development of a plan of action when coding/documentation is not meeting standards
- Knowledgeable on the provider(s) schedules/templates and able to identify potential concerns
- Performs other duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- COA, COT is a plus
- At least 1-year of Ophthalmic Assistant/Technician experience
- Prior supervisory experience preferred
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel to Chino Valley and Prescott Valley locations as needed
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.