Specialty Team Manager - Anterior Segment
- Posted: 07 July 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Specialty Team Manager - Anterior Segment
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center – Travel to all Metro BDP Locations
As a Specialty Team Manager - Anterior Segment, you will be responsible for planning, organizing, and coordinating anterior segment team patient care services to ensure quality care and optimal clinical efficiency.
Responsible for labor management for Anterior Segment specialty team.
Review and analyzes monthly management information reports.
Responsible to develop and maintain a strong working relationship with the providers.
- Responsible for hiring, counseling, training and recommending salary increases for specialty team as well as aids in the development of employee goals that are in alignment with the Company’s strategic goals.
- Oversees the completion of daily tasks for assigned team members ensuring appropriate workload assignments.
- Monitors clinic and surgery schedules within assigned locations. Makes recommendations when a provider is underutilized.
- Reviews and approves clinic employee time cards and time off requests.
- Responsible to monitor facility cleanliness and appearance along with appropriate equipment usage.
- Responsible for inventory management.
- Monitors the morale of the clinic and takes appropriate action when necessary to ensure a positive and effective environment.
- Trains, coaches and mentor’s employees for ongoing development.
- Fosters development of strong relationships between employees and providers.
- Assists in finding resolution to problems and keeps an open line of communication with all staff to ensure high productivity.
- Works with other managers in identifying and finding a solution for staffing overages/shortages.
- Serves on Committees and assists with the development of procedures and policies as assigned.
- Works with Nurse Director, Director of Clinic Quality and Director of Clinic Compliance to ensure location abides by all regulatory guidelines and standards.
- Knows and ensures team is adhering to MIPS reporting requirements.
- Encourages a team-oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies to include our core values.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork, and customer service standards.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients and visitors.
- Performs all assigned duties as reasonably assigned.
- High School Diploma required. Bachelor’s strongly preferred.
- Minimum of 1+ year healthcare management experience required.
- Ophthalmology experience required; minimum of 2 years preferred.
- Excellent communication skills orally and in writing with clarity and tact.
- Strong human resource development and management skills.
- Ability to delegate and supervise successfully.
- Management of multiple projects simultaneously.
- Competent in problem solving and decision making.
- Strong organization skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team player.
- Computer and Technology literate.
- Dedicated to high quality patient care.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.