Clinical Research Coordinator - Phoenix (Travel)
- Posted: 10 August 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Clinical Research Coordinator - Phoenix; Travel to Mesa and Sun City
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center
As a Clinical Research Coordinator, you’ll oversee and facilitate the clinical research activities. This position will work out of the North Phoenix office location with occasional travel to other RCA metro valley locations.
- Coordinates protocol related research procedures, study visits, and follow-up care
- Screens, recruits, and enrolls patients/research participants
- Schedules patient/research participants visits and procedures
- Independently completes the informed consent process of study subjects
- Educates research participants and family on protocol, study intervention, study drug/device, etc.
- Conducts vital signs
- Collects, processes, and ships laboratory specimens
- Administers questionnaires
- Supports the safety of clinical research procedures, study visits, and follow-up care
- Submits documents to regulatory authorities (IRB, FDA, etc.) and/or review/monitoring boards
- Facilitates study close out activities
- Retains records and archives documents after conclusion of study
- Completes case report forms and address queries
- Develops and maintains source documents
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Associates Degree or an allied health professional degree or equivalent
- At least 1 year clinical research experience to include consenting patients
- Basic understanding of regulatory binders highly preferred
- Ability to adhere to Good Clinical Practices, FDA, HIPPA, IRB regulation, and principal of research design
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with subject's needs and concerns
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Occasional travel to other RCA locations in Metro Valley.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.