- Posted: 03 September 2021
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Referral Specialist- Barnet Dulaney Perkins & Southwestern Eye Center
Call Center - In office in Mesa, not eligible for remote work.
As a Clerk Specialist, you’ll primarily handle referrals and other faxed documents on behalf of our clinical teams. On higher call volume days, the Clerk Specialist will assist with scheduling calls for patients. Create memorable experiences for all of our patients, providers, and team members. A “patient first approach” is key to success and our Clerk Specialists play a key role in effectively and compassionately guiding patients, handling referrals and scheduling appointments.
- Primarily responsible for processing referrals and other faxed document.
- Display the ability to service patient needs while actively accepting inbound calls with a focus on customer service
- Use professional communication etiquette, while servicing patient needs based on appointment availability and nearest location.
- Minimum goal achievement based on monthly review of various metrics and expected requirements.
- Works with internal partners and clinics on a timely basis to help support and coordinate the needs of our patients.
- Focused and open to learning new skills to take on various roles based on business need
- Performs any and all duties as reasonably
The ideal Candidate will have the following experience:
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Ability to navigate custom computer software and internal systems - NextGen experience a plus!
- Experience in Medical Office including Insurance Knowledge highly desirable
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills; with the ability to show empathy and active listening skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
- Previous call center experience preferred
- Previous experience processing referrals preferred
- Bilingual in Spanish highly preferred but not required
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.