Surgery Coordinator - Flagstaff
- Posted: 15 April 2021
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Flagstaff ASCs, Travel to Cottonwood/Sedona as needed
- Coordinates with the Surgery Counselor to ensure the accuracy of the surgical schedule and needed documentation.
- Assembles charts and checks them prior to surgery to ensure all required documents are included.
- Set up for surgery and checks in patients; helps prepare patients for surgery as needed.
- Makes Post op phone calls and logs information.
- Prints schedules and arranges the order of the surgery schedules a minimum of 2 days prior to the surgical day.
- Call patients with arrival times and reminds them of surgery day instructions.
- Enters the surgery log and completes log at the end of the surgical day.
- Completes final assembly of charts post-operatively to ensure they are in the correct order with all required signatures.
- Ensures the SCAN Book is maintained and always current.
- Ensures the Compliance Book is maintained and always current.
- Conducts quarterly fire and disaster drills; annual mock codes; and documents the results.
- Coordinates fire inspections in accordance with published protocols.
- Maintains monthly physician infection report letter. Ensures that all reports requiring follow-up care are forwarded to the appropriate individual.
- Maintains inventory of supplies and IOL’s Acts as primary liaison for non-SEC physicians to provide available dates, coordinate paperwork, and provides for any other needs the physician’s office may have.
- Maintains surgery staffing schedule and notifies surgery staff of scheduled work days and times. If appropriate, adjusts schedules as needed.
- Notifies the ASC Manager or designee of any scheduling or staffing problems.
- Acts as primary liaison for Medicare inspections.
- Maintains communication and relays all memos to surgery staff via the Staff Communications Book.
- Ensures maintenance of the surgery log and ensures accuracy and delivery of care slips to the Business Office per RCM protocol.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers and patients.
- Performs any and all additional duties as assigned.
- High School diploma or GED preferred
- Minimum three-year medical office and/or surgery experience preferred.
- Dedication to patient satisfaction.
- Ability to communicate effectively; verbally and in writing. Ability to work compatibly with physicians and other staff members.
- Knowledge in Ophthalmic procedures.
- Good organization skills.
- CPR Certification.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.