FeaturedClinical Research Vision Examiner- North Phoenix
- Posted: 02 September 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Clinical Research Vision Examiner - North Phoenix; Occasional travel to support other RCA metro locations.
Retinal Consultants of Arizona/Retinal Research Institute
As a Clinical Research Vision Examiner, you’ll be responsible for completing the certified vision tasks for each study protocol they are assigned to, processing research referrals, printing and mailing informed consents to patients that have been referred to the research department.
- Adhere to study according to protocol guidelines.
- Reviews and comprehends each assigned protocol including study proceedings and timelines, inclusion and exclusion criteria, confidentiality and privacy protections.
- Be familiar and adhere to all federal drug administration, good clinical practice, and office of human subject research regulations and guidelines.
- Communicate with referring physician’s offices in order to obtain data necessary to complete study requirements.
- Attendance of sponsor prequalification visits, monitor visits, study termination visits as applicable.
- Actively recruit and be involved in competitive enrollment.
- Assist physicians in data search and analysis for research studies.
- Always mark charge ticket with the type of study that the patient is enrolled in.
- Responds to data clarification requests in a timely manner.
- Maintains subject screening logs and protocol deviation logs.
- Maintains a spreadsheet tracking updates to database of all subjects referred to research.
- Completes documentation on each study visit that is used to track all study related activities so that time, effort and materials can be accounted for on a monthly basis.
- Works collaboratively with the other members of the clinical research team and the clinical and administrative support teams to ensure all protocols are followed and that there is timely documentation and submission of study data.
- Performed unmasked/masked roles as assigned.
- All other duties as assigned
- Experience in back office Ophthalmology required (tester, OA, etc.)
- Ability to adhere to Good Clinical Practices, FDA, HIPPA, IRB regulation, and principal of research design
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Personable; empathetic with subject's needs and concerns
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Occasional travel to other RCA locations in Metro Valley.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.