Optician Licensed (LDO) - Phoenix
- Posted: 19 July 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO)
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Phoenix Clinic
As an Optician Licensed, customer service is first priority! You’ll assist patients with selecting and ordering eyewear, adjustments and fittings, and educating on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Interprets prescription and helps patients choose appropriate eyewear, consulting with prescribing physicians as appropriate
- Takes optical measurements necessary for eyewear preparation
- Orders eyewear from laboratory based on prescription and patient preference
- Performs quality inspection of lenses and frames
- Adjusts eyewear to patient using appropriate tools and instruct on cleaning and handling
- Makes any necessary repairs using appropriate parts and tools
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous optical experience required
- Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) required
- ABO and NCLE required, state licensed preferred or will be required within 6 months of hire
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!