Director of Corporate Services- Tempe
- Posted: 25 August 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and Southwestern Eye Center. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 40 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 23 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Director, Corporate Services
American Vision Partners-Tempe
As a Director, Corporate Services, you will play a critical role in developing and implementing the AVP growth strategy for existing and new facilities. As a member of the leadership team, the Director of Corporate Services will be responsible for overseeing all fiscal and fiduciary responsibilities for facilities, transportation, and real estate.
- Utilize the resources of American Vision Partners management company’s operational and maintenance leaders, internal purchasing/procurement team, and third-party consultants as needed, implement and execute a thorough maintenance and asset preservation program for all owned assets
- Manage all leases for new and current properties
- Direct and lead multiple, complex renovation/construction projects with strict adherence and execution of schedule, scope, quality, and budget
- Develop annual property inspection and audit program (to include: MEP, air balancing, and equipment/physical plant maintenance), with related reporting, communications, and execution of identified opportunities
- Review all energy costs and determine ROI/improvement opportunities
- Recommend ROI updates for properties
- Own key contract relationships with facility contractors.
- Lead property inspections, reviewing and enforcing preventative maintenance programs, standardizing on-site day-to-day maintenance procedures, and adhering to standards
- Assist in all aspects of the physical due diligence process for new acquisitions and prepare capital expenditure plan for potential acquisitions
- Manage, develop, and implement reporting and tracking systems, including regular publication of project status reports, budget variances, timing milestones, and critical path
- Continually keep executive management team members apprised of project status, progress, and issues to allow for prompt resolution of problem areas, or act on opportunities as needed through the course of the project
- Manage day-to-day facilities, transportation, and vehicle fleet operations.
- Travel frequently to project locations
- Performs all other assigned duties
- BA/BS or HS and equivalent experience
- PMP preferred
Proven track record of delivering successful results (strongly preferred) or commercial renovation/capital expenditure projects on time and under budget
Minimum of 10 years renovation/construction/facilities management, with the past 5 years in a multi-site/multi-state portfolio level
Experience overseeing multiple projects at one time
Excellent interpersonal skills with the ability to influence internal and external stakeholders
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.