Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 20 May 2022
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
The Senior Buyer independently conducts research, evaluates findings and uses independent judgment on procurement matters.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in related role
- Multi-Site Experience Required
- Healthcare Experience Highly Preferred
- Working knowledge of e-procurement & inventory systems required, Great Plains Dynamics & ReQlogic experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook required
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly, to multi-task, and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones, mail machines and copiers. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research, evaluates findings, places orders, and manages a variety of tasks
- Obtains oral and written price quotes and compares quotes with the specifications and availability of items and places the order(s).
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with existing company policies.
- Places orders for clinics and ASCs via e-mail, on-line portals, and telephone.
- Obtains appropriate commodities in a timely manner based on department needs
- Manages inquiries on order status from all departments and divisions
- Reviews pending and back-order reports and tracks open purchase orders.
- Enters and posts receipts.
- Evaluates invoice discrepancies, communicates with vendors, and makes corrections as needed.
- Handles other duties, as assigned.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.