Optician - Sedona (Sign-On Bonus Offered!)
- Posted: 04 August 2020
- Sedona, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Southwestern Eye Center - Sedona
We are offering a sign-on bonus as one of our many perks!
As an Optician, customer service is priority one! You’ll assist patients with selecting and ordering eyewear, adjustments and fittings, and educating on proper eyeglass and contact lens care. This position be based out of Sedona and float to nearby locations as needed.
- Interprets prescription and helps patients choose appropriate eyewear, consulting with prescribing physicians as appropriate
- Takes optical measurements necessary for eyewear preparation
- Orders eyewear from laboratory based on prescription and patient preference on a daily basis
- Maintains optical inventory by checking in, tagging, pricing, and displaying new merchandise
- Unloads shipments of glasses and/or contacts and verifying accuracy of orders
- Communicates with patients to pick up orders
- Performs quality inspection of lenses and frames
- Adjusts eyewear to patient using appropriate tools and instruct on cleaning and handling
- Makes any necessary repairs using appropriate parts and tools
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies
- Operates lensometer as needed
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous optical experience preferred
- Licensed Dispensing Optician (LDO) preferred
- ABO and NCLE required, state licensed preferred
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.