Premium Surgery Counselor - Flagstaff
- Posted: 07 September 2022
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 100 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Premium Surgery Counselor
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Flagstaff
As a Premium Surgery Counselor, you'll be responsible for assisting the patient with all aspects of the surgery process and pre-operative preparations in order to make the surgical experience as smooth as possible for the patient.
- Schedules all patient surgeries and pre-operative appointments, including those with the patient’s referring physician, surgical facility, ophthalmologist or technician
- Builds relationships with patients, educate patients regarding lens and technology options, overcome objections and close surgical packages
- Prepares surgical charts, labels documents with appropriate surgical paperwork per ASC Coordinator specifications
- Acts as an effective liaison between the patient, surgeon, referring physician, and the surgical facility in all aspects of pre-operative preparations
- Collects all pertinent information for upcoming surgery, such as bookings, lens orders, insurance, and H&Ps and signed consent forms, and transfer to surgical facility.
- Aids patients in obtaining financing if needed
- Schedules post-operative appointments as appropriate
- Demonstrates thorough knowledge of company’s services and procedures, and communicates to patients in a way designed to earn patient’s trust and business
- Answer all telephone inquiries from patients, their families, or referring physicians concerning surgery
- Perform other tasks as assigned
- High school diploma or GED required; some college preferred
- At least one-year of experience in a medical practice; refractive, surgical, aesthetic, or ophthalmology specialties preferred
- Ambition, high energy, and determination required
- Demonstrated sales skills and the drive to exceed goals and quotas
- Must be comfortable discussing financial options and presenting payment plans
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to make decisions within established protocols and with minimal supervision
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Demonstrated ability to meet deadlines
- Strong computer skills
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.