Coding Supervisor - Phoenix (Biltmore)
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 22 February 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix-Biltmore
As a Coding Supervisor, you'll supervise the charge posting team and perform the job duties as a working supervisor when needed.
- Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to expand thinking.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and patients.
- Oversees and sometimes performs the job duties of subordinate positions when needed
- Monitors team’s daily claim reconciliation and report of claims submitted for accuracy
- Manages the Navicure automation process and enrollment process for providers
- Produces productivity and error reports to assess staff and ensure compliance of departmental policies
- Answers specific coding questions and approves coding for specialty surgeries
- Ensures staff are reviewing, correcting, and posting any additional clinic/surgical charges on a daily basis
- Coordinates with the Credentialing Department for any specific payer, provider or location credentialing issues
- Ensures staff posts, produces and sends all charges for invoice vendors
- Follows the established industry standard and CMS coding guidelines to ensure proper billing of charges, including CPT-4 and ICD codes as well as modifiers
- Ensures staff submits any charges to on-line Vision plans for claims processing
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback to subordinates
- Coaches established employees when needs are identified, holding employees accountable for results through coaching and development of action plans
- Monitors and manages key performance indicators and data for department, and provide reporting and action plans for improvement
- Participates in the review process for each Coding Team member
- Participates in the process of hiring members of the Coding Team
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 7+ years medical billing experience
- Certified Professional Coder requires
- 2+ years in a leadership role preferred
- Experience in Revenue Cycle Management
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Ability to motivate and lead a team
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Demonstrated computer literacy and excellent math skills
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.