IT Technical Services Manager - Phoenix
- Posted: 29 October 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
As a Technical Services Manager you will manages the IT Technical Services team in accordance with organizational policies, goals, and values. Prioritizes projects and support requests. Directs teams in accordance with prioritization. Provides escalated support to end users on a variety of issues. Identifies, researches, and resolves technical problems. Responds to telephone calls, email and personnel requests for technical support. Documents, tracks and monitors problems to ensure a timely resolution. Has knowledge of commonly used concepts, practices and procedures. Familiar with a variety of the IT field’s concepts, practices, and procedures. Manages, tracks, and orders all inventory for IT team and field users. A wide degree of creativity and latitude is expected.
American Vision Partners- Phoenix
- Manage Service Desk staff and evaluate performance
- Manage the processing of incoming support requests to the Service Desk to ensure courteous, timely, and effective resolution of end user issues
- Assign and coordinate other work assignments for Service Desk staff
- Design and enforce request handling and escalation procedures
- Coordinate and/or perform hands-on fixes at the endpoint level, including installing and upgrading software, deploying hardware, and configuring systems and applications.
- Manage, track, and order all inventory for IT team and field users.
- Monitor and test fixes to ensure issues have been adequately resolved
- Track and analyze trends in Service Desk requests and generate statistical reports
- Report progress, including any changes made to plans or projects
- Develop and maintain standardized job instructions for recurring tasks
- Oversee development and dissemination of help sheets, user guides, and FAQ lists for end users
- Oversee the development, implementation, and administration of help desk staff training procedures and policies
- Follow up with customers to identify areas of improvement
- Develop daily, weekly and monthly reports on Service Desk productivity
- Provide general direction to Service Desk staff through coaching and mentoring
- Assist in the recruiting and onboarding of Service Desk staff
- Remains current in technological developments
- All Other duties as assigned
- Associate degree preferred. HS diploma or GED with relevant experience required.
- 4+ years IT experience required
- 2+ years in people management required
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision of a technical support team
- Proven track record of developing and providing Service Level Agreements and deliverables
- Solid relationship management and performance management skills
- Ability to motivate and direct staff members and subordinates
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, with a focus on listening and questioning skills
- Strong documentation skills
- Ability to conduct research into a wide range of computing issues as required
- Ability to absorb information quickly
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language to non-technical staff and end users
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to effectively prioritize and execute tasks in a high-pressure environment
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Skills in Microsoft Project, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio
- Possess quality presentation skills and experience in presenting complex plans and designs to management
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.