Surgery Coordinator - Gilbert
- Posted: 18 June 2020
- Gilbert, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Retinal Consultants of Arizona - Gilbert
- Maintains inventory of supplies and IOL’s
- Set up for surgery and checks in patients; helps prepare patients the morning of surgery if needed
- Assures that medications are checked monthly for outdates
- Acts as primary liaison for Medicare inspections
- Maintains communication and relays all memos to surgery staff
- Ensures maintenance of the surgery log and ensures accuracy and delivery of care slips to the Business Office Responsible for working the surgery hold bucket
- Acts as contact person for surgery day and surgery issues for surgeons, other staff, and Office Manager
- Answers incoming phone calls
- Checks charts prior to surgery, and assembles charts post op to ensure they have all required signatures and proper order of paperwork
- Makes Post op phone calls and logs information
- Prints schedules and arranges the order of the surgery schedules 2 days prior to surgery day
- Call patients with arrival times and reminds them of surgery day instructions
- Enters the surgery log and completes log at the end of the day
- Notifies the Director of Surgical Services and/or ASC Assistant of any scheduling or staffing problems
- Conducts quarterly fire drills and mock codes, and documents the results
- Experience working in a surgical environment
- Ophthalmic experience is a plus
- Knowledge of scheduling and insurance authorization is required
- Ability to work independently and be dedicated to patient satisfaction
- Must also have the ability to communicate effectively, both orally and written, and work compatibly with physicians and other staff members
- Excellent telephone skills, basic computer knowledge are required
- Ability to travel to Bullhead City ASC location as needed - travel time and mileage are a paid benefits!
- Must have availability to work between the hours of 6:00 am to 6:30 pm occasionally on surgery days
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.