Optician - Sedona
- Posted: 31 August 2022
- Sedona, AZ, USA
Cottonwood, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Southwestern Eye Center - Sedona Clinic
As an Optician Licensed, customer service is first priority! You’ll assist patients with selecting and ordering eyewear, adjustments and fittings, and educating on proper eyeglass and contact lens care.
- Interprets prescription and helps patients choose appropriate eyewear, consulting with prescribing physicians as appropriate
- Takes optical measurements necessary for eyewear preparation
- Orders eyewear from laboratory based on prescription and patient preference
- Performs quality inspection of lenses and frames
- Adjusts eyewear to patient using appropriate tools and instruct on cleaning and handling
- Makes any necessary repairs using appropriate parts and tools
- Maintains equipment and inventory of supplies
- High school diploma or GED required; Bachelor’s degree preferred
- Previous optical experience required
- ABO and NCLE preferred, state licensed preferred or will be required within 6 months of hire
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong computer skills, including Word and Excel
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!