Coding & Authorization Team Supervisor
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 10 September 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners - Phoenix Corporate Office (Biltmore)
The Coding & Authorization Team Supervisor supervises the authorization specialist and coding team members for the East and West region.
- Oversees and sometimes performs the daily job duties of subordinate positions when needed.
- Monitor and manage productivity and performance of assigned employees including daily/weekly/monthly department metrics to Senior Leadership.
- Maintains positive leadership and gives frequent performance feedback to subordinates and invites two-way communication.
- Coaches established employees when needs are identified, holding employees accountable for results through coaching and development of action plans.
- Monitor and manage key performance indicators and data for department, and provide reporting and action plans for improvement.
- Participates in the review process for each team member
- Participates in the process of hiring members of assigned team.
- Produces productivity and error reports to assess staff.
- Prioritize work to maximize turn-around time.
- Ensures staff are calculating accurate quotes for patient surgery benefits.
- Ensures staff are contacting patients timely with out of pocket responsibility and collecting patient payment.
- Contacts insurance plans to determine eligibility and obtain coverage and benefit information.
- Contacts insurance plans to obtain prior authorization for services.
- Processes request for prior authorization from clinical operation teams.
- Supervises the team that carefully reviews and corrects any charges posted by clinic staff on a daily basis.
- Supervises the team that posts any additional clinic and surgical charges as needed on a daily basis.
- Supervises the team that follows the established industry standard and CMS coding guidelines to ensure proper billing of charges. This includes CPT-4 and ICD codes as well as modifiers.
- Supervises the team that posts, produces and sends all charges for invoice vendors
- Documents findings thoroughly and accurately.
- Performs training with organizational staff on procedures for requesting, documenting and processing prior authorizations.
- Answers and respond to external and internal phone calls in a timely manner.
- Checks and respond to emails in a timely and professional manner.
- Maintains a high level of customer service and professionalism with operations, working to establish a positive rapport with the clinics.
- Performs all other assigned duties.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Certified Professional Coder required
- 3 years medical authorization experience or related billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
- 2 years or more in a leadership role preferred
- Supervisor and Leadership experience
- The ability to motivate and lead a team
- Experience in revenue cycle management.
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients.
- Professional customer service skills
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Ability to sit for long periods. Work requires walking, bending, standing, sitting, and reaching
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.