Billing Assistant - Phoenix (Biltmore)
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 01 March 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center and Southwestern Eye Center. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 40 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 23 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix-Biltmore
As a Billing Assistant, you'll support the Revenue Cycle Management team through administrative functions.
- Maintains phones; answers incoming and places outgoing calls as needed
- Scans any miscellaneous paperwork that needs to be filed and associated a patient account
- Creates the daily deposits for incoming mail payments
- Assists the Payment Posting team with posting approved Adjustments and Refunds
- Scans all incoming mail and distributes according to department policy
- Processes all credit card payments related to incoming mail payments
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Orders and maintains inventory of supplies
- Manages office equipment
- Acts as back-up for Charge and Payment Posters as needed
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing environment
- Ophthalmology background is a plus
- Working knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines, and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer and math skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
Excellent verbal and written communication skills
Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.