Insurance A/R Specialist (Healthcare) - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 22 September 2022
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Insurance A/R Specialist
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix (Biltmore)
As an Insurance A/R Specialist, you'll collect payments for an assigned segment of the insurance accounts receivable and performs insurance follow up duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations. You'll also appeal claim denials as necessary and appropriate.
- Follows-up with insurance companies and ensures claims are paid/processed
- Services each account in priority of importance and independently billing accounts with understanding of all applicable insurance and/or CMS regulations
- Resubmits insurance claims that have received no response or are not on file, in a timely manner according to each insurance’s contracted filing limits
- Reviews and appeals unpaid and denied claims, includes analysis of coding that assures proper billing
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean claim
- Researches and prepares insurance credits for refund approval
- Maintains an error rate in accordance with departmental policy
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 2 years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background desired
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrates computer literacy
- Well-organized with attention to detail
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions
- Excellent math skills
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationship with team members, clinic staff, payers and patients
- Professional customer service skills
- Has a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.