Senior Purchasing Buyer
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 31 August 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
The Senior Buyer independently conducts research, evaluates findings and uses independent judgment on procurement matters.
- High School diploma or G.E.D. required, Bachelor’s Degree preferred
- 5 years’ experience in related role
- Multi-Site Experience Required
- Healthcare Experience Highly Preferred
- Working knowledge of e-procurement & inventory systems required, Great Plains Dynamics & ReQlogic experience preferred
- Intermediate knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel & Outlook required
- Ability to learn new computer systems quickly, to multi-task, and to work in a fast-paced environment
- Excellent customer service skills a must
- Requires prolonged sitting, standing, frequent bending, stooping or stretching. Requires the use of office equipment, such as computer terminals, telephones, mail machines and copiers. Must be able to lift 50 pounds on a daily basis.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Conducts research, evaluates findings, places orders, and manages a variety of tasks
- Obtains oral and written price quotes and compares quotes with the specifications and availability of items and places the order(s).
- Review orders for completeness, accuracy and compliance with existing company policies.
- Places orders for clinics and ASCs via e-mail, on-line portals, and telephone.
- Obtains appropriate commodities in a timely manner based on department needs
- Manages inquiries on order status from all departments and divisions
- Reviews pending and back-order reports and tracks open purchase orders.
- Enters and posts receipts.
- Evaluates invoice discrepancies, communicates with vendors, and makes corrections as needed.
- Handles other duties, as assigned.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.