- Posted: 15 January 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners- Tempe Admin
As a Physician Recruiter, you are responsible for the sourcing of candidates for the recruitment and placement of clinical staff to fill open positions within all of AVP’s affiliated brands. The Physician Recruiter is expected to develop and maintain strong relationships with candidates and will be an essential part of the overall candidate experience
- Develop and maintain strong relationships with physician candidates.
- Identify, contact, interview, and screen candidates nationwide for staffing opportunities via cold calling, Internet, journals, and various databases.
- Analyze and evaluate candidate qualifications, education, background, interests, geographical preferences, family requirements, and compensation requirements.
- Identify candidate’s availability to interview with leadership. Maintain consistent communication with candidate through the hiring process.
- Prior to candidates offer, confirm licenses and credentials are up to date. Remain point of contact throughout credentialing and onboarding process.
- Independently research medical terminology, specialties, advances, state licensing processes, market conditions, malpractice insurance, health insurance and managed care issues, practice arrangements, compensation structures, legislation, and tort reform on an ongoing basis to develop and maintain competence necessary to proficiently and professionally represent American vision Partners.
- Works with operational and clinical leaders to identify and prioritize Provider needs across all platform practices.
- Submits weekly activity/call reports concerning candidate related activities to team leader. Maintain candidate status, conversations, records, etc. in company database (UltiPro).
- Assists candidates with preparing resumes and advises them about job interview skills.
- Consistently achieve key performance indicators as set forth by company standards.
- Expected to stay current and informed of the industries, specialties, facilities, licensing requirements, etc. that may be pertinent to opportunities for current/future physician candidates.
- Practice and adhere to AVPs Core Values and Mission, Vision, and Values.
- Collaborates with People Services, Credentialing, and Operations on onboarding practices.
- Performs other duties as required and assigned.
- Bachelor degree strongly preferred High School diploma plus relevant experience required.
- Minimum 2 years sales, marketing, or recruiting in close contact with Physicians
- Healthcare Experience Required
- National Recruiting Experience Highly Preferred
- High level of intelligence and aptitude Outstanding interpersonal, oral, and written communication skills
- Able to communicate in a professional and proficient manner with Senior Leadership and candidates in specialized areas of medicine
- Strong analytical and evaluative skills
- Solid negotiation skills
- Proficient in the use of computer programs, databases, and Internet research
- Self-disciplined, self-motivated, and results-oriented
- Able to assume substantial responsibilities with minimal supervision
- Able to exercise discretion and independent judgment
- Must work well in high-pressure situations and a dynamic work environment
- Ability to travel up to 30% throughout the US
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.