Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
- Posted: 12 May 2020
- Mesa, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN)
Mesa Stapley ASC
As an Licensed Practical Nurse, your strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills will be essential in our fast-paced, high-volume environment. You will provide a safe and efficient environment for all patients in our Ambulatory Surgical Center (ASC) during the perioperative phases.
- Prepare preoperative and postoperative areas for patient. Monitor cleanliness, assemble supplies, and check equipment for proper functioning.
- Provide physical or emotional support to patients as needed.
- Assist anesthesia provider during patient anesthetic stages.
- Assist in safe transportation and position of patient.
- Provide evaluation, observation and treatment of patients under local anesthesia.
- Communicate with patient and family as necessary, providing information and emotional support.
- Maintain accurate and complete records of patients pre-operative and post-operative experience.
- Start IVs as ordered, if certified.
- Remove IV.
- Administer oral medications and eye drops as ordered.
- Physiologically monitors patient during the pre- and post- operative processes.
- Participates in patient/family teaching.
- Orders supplies for pre-op/recovery area as needed.
- Maintains familiarity with code procedure and crash cart.
- Participates in fire drills and mock codes as directed.
- Performs whatever tasks are necessary to function as part of the surgery team and keep surgery flowing smoothly.
- Encourages a team oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies.
- Participates in on-going training and continuing education.
- Shows respect and deals appropriately with co-workers, patients, and visitors.
- Performs any and all duties assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- Graduate of accredited program for Practical Nurses
- Current Arizona LPN License
- BLS certification required
- 1-year Ophthalmology experience as a Surgery RN is a plus
- ASC experience preferred
- Dedicated to patient satisfaction
- Ability to communicate effectively
- Ability to work as a member of the surgical team.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.