Financial Data Analyst- Tempe, AZ
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 14 May 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers.
Financial Data Analyst- Tempe AZ
American Vision Partners FP&A Team
As a Financial Data Analyst, you will utilize data analytics to drive operational and financial decisions within the company. You will work with large datasets across multiple sources to uncover trends, create models, and build long term analytic reports. Our primary methodology for tackling data is through SQL as our data lives across multiple databases. You should be able to demonstrate the ability to work across multiple company departments. A strong candidate should have an aptitude for maneuvering data and discovering insights on one’s own. Experience with Power BI, Tableau or other data visualization software is a plus.
- Utilize financial and operational modeling to drive strategic business decisions
- Use SQL to develop queries to analyze and validate big datasets
- Work across various business departments to define and document business and technical requirements for data analysis and dashboards
- Develop and maintain databases, data sets, and data processes to help drive business intelligence
- Present analytical findings and recommendations to operational leaders and senior leadership
- Actively work to understand and refine existing processes to develop new analytics views
- All Other Duties as assigned
- BA/BS or HS and equivalent work history required.
- 4+ year in a similar role
- 2+ years developing and writing SQL queries
- Multi-site experience preferred. Healthcare experience preferred.
- Strong understanding of relational database foundations- creating, structuring, maintaining, and updating databases.
- Proven experience in strategic analytics and modeling
- Proven experience in leveraging big data
- Ability to uncover operational and data trends.
- Knowledge of Excel, PowerPoint, data warehousing, data mining, business intelligence (Power BI), and other financial systems (Microsoft Great Plains)
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Self-motivated with the ability to work independently in a fast-paced, high pressure, and rapidly changing environment
Benefits and Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Must be eligible to work in the US without sponsorship.