Clinic Scheduling Specialist - Cottonwood
- Posted: 29 August 2020
- Cottonwood, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Clinic Scheduling Specialist
Southwestern Eye Center - Cottonwood Clinic
As a Clinic Scheduling Specialist, you’ll be the first touch with our patients and will be able to create exceptional experiences for all of our patients, providers, and team members. A “patient first approach” is key to success as you effectively and compassionately guide patients while scheduling their appointments.
- In a clinic environment, display the ability to service patient needs while actively accepting inbound calls with a focus on customer service and using professional communication etiquette.
- Answers telephones, and makes appointments following company’s scheduling protocol and doctor’s daily capacity, and appointment availability.
- Works with internal partners and clinics on a timely basis to help support and coordinate the needs of our patients.
- Obtains all pertinent information from patients and enters it into the system such as demographics and insurance information.
- Demonstrates ability to use company’s contract matrix to verify participating plan information and coverage criteria.
- Knows and adheres to medical records policies and documentation requirements.
- Knows and adheres to all front office policies and procedures.
- Maintains patient confidentiality at all times.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork, and customer service standards.
- Minimum goal achievement based on monthly review of various metrics and expected requirements.
- Focused and open to learning new skills to take on various roles based on business needs.
- Performs any and all duties as reasonably assigned.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Previous experience in a medical setting preferred
- Working knowledge of computers and phones
- Excellent telephone etiquette, verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
- Experience in Medical Office including Insurance Knowledge
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to navigate custom computer software, Nextgen preferred
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Dedication to high quality patient care
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.