Ophthalmic Assistant/Scribe - Retina Travel Team
- Posted: 10 June 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Ophthalmic Assistant - Retina Travel Team
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Metro Valley, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Show Low and Safford Clinics
As a member of the Retina Team, you’ll gather important medical information from the patient and perform preliminary tests under the direction of the provider. You’ll also scribe as well as perform photography, injections and OCT’s. This position will travel to all local and outlying clinics in the Metro Phoenix area, Lake Havasu, Flagstaff, Show Low and Safford.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Keeps doctors’ rooms filled to ensure clinic patient flow
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Scribes the provider’s dictated findings into the patient’s electronic health record
- Generates medication prescriptions, as directed from the provider, through Erx
- Performs photography as ordered by the physician for documentation, diagnosis, and treatment of ocular pathology following standard protocol
- Maintains inventory of photography supplies
- Performs OCT’s as ordered by the physician for documentation, diagnosis and treatment
- Responsible for injections of fluorescein angiogram dye, including preparing and drawing up of syringe
- Triages incoming calls for potential retina emergencies and advises physician of patient’s signs and symptoms to determine when a patient should be seen
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Reviews schedules for the provider to ensure patients are scheduled correctly and reports any issues to management in a timely manner
- Generates letters for referring providers, E-faxing and monitoring fax statuses
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1-year of experience as Ophthalmology Assistant/Technician preferred
- COA, COT is a plus
- Current certification in ophthalmology photography preferred
- Knowledge of sterile techniques
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel to locations as needed- mileage is a paid benefit!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.