ASC Nurse Manager - Cottonwood/Sedona -- $5,000 sign on bonus
- Posted: 13 July 2020
- Cottonwood, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center/Southwestern Eye Center
ASC (Surgery) Manager - SEC Cottonwood & BDP Sedona ASC locations.
The ASC (Surgery) Manager is a member of the operating room team and is responsible for providing a safe and efficient environment for the patient during the pre-, intra- and post-operative phases of the stay. This position coordinates, facilitates, and manages change efforts in the ASC while managing budgetary responsibilities. The ASC Nurse Manager promotes a favorable image of the facilities to staff, physicians, patients, and the public.
- Supervises the ASC team to include RNs, Scrub Technicians, Surgery Assistants, and Front Office Receptionists
- Encourages a team-oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies
- Maintains personnel files, mentors, and coaches team to improve performance and enhance skills
- Manages budgetary responsibilities for surgery center
- Performs the duties of a peri-operative staff nurse
- Ensures facility environmental standards are met
- Maintains current knowledge of procedures as appropriate to the practice area and provides in-service education opportunities for new equipment and techniques
- Oversees inventory of supplies and medications
- Maintains logbooks with current information
- Performs quality assurance activities and conduct quarterly QA meetings
- Implements Life Safety guidelines and monitors compliance to Life Safety regulations including conducting quarterly fire drills
- Ensures all equipment is in working order
- Monitors vendor performance and reports via the QA process
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of Nursing required
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BSN) preferred
- Current RN License in Arizona
- BCLS and ACLS certifications
- 3+ years of management experience
- Previous experience working in an Ambulatory Surgery Center (ASC)
- Strong financial aptitude and computer skills
- Ability to lead a team by demonstrating a positive attitude, openness to change, willingness to help, and respect for others and their ideas
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality and professionalism
- Flexible schedule Monday through Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.