Optical Lab Technician (Part-Time)
- Posted: 09 September 2020
- Cottonwood, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Optical Lab Tech (Part-Time)
Southwestern Eye Center - Cottonwood
The Optical Lab Tech will be assisting the Clinic/Optical Manager/Director in every aspect of optical operations, including patient care and education.
- Greets all patients with a smile and makes eye contact.
- Unloads daily shipment of glasses and/or contacts.
- Receives all glasses/contacts in Optical Management.
- Properly verifies all jobs from the lab including correct frame and lens options match, lens material, checking prescriptions and all other necessary measurements, four-point align and cleans all glasses
- Follows up with patients regarding orders with prior notifications but have yet to be picked up.
- Consistently meets the patient’s eye wear needs with minimal errors.
- Edges any jobs needed
- Orders stock lenses and keep an inventory of current stock.
- Must be able to operate a manual lensometer.
- Notifies patients immediately of delays with their optical purchase.
- Accurately checks in, tags, prices, and displays new merchandise.
- Accurately returns and tracks all defective frames for immediate credit.
- Restocks supplies, frames and accessories as needed
- Answers phone and provides friendly, accurate assistance to callers or takes messages as appropriate.
- Accurately & timely orders all patient eye wear.
- All job orders are sent to lab same day order is placed.
- Accurately documents all communications with patient by noting in patients file; including date and time along with a summary of the conversation.
- Demonstrate the ability to correctly adjust and repair patient frames.
- Understands importance of making sure patient is satisfied with their order and makes adjustments if necessary.
- Makes phone calls to ensure patients satisfaction.
- Encourages a team-oriented environment and follows company guidelines and policies
- Participates in on-going continuing education
- Performs any and all duties assigned.
- High School Diploma or equivalent
- Working knowledge of all aspects regarding eye wear
- Ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Personable; empathetic with patient’s needs and concerns.
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to work as a team member.
- Demonstrated computer literacy.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.