Surgery Front Office Receptionist - Flagstaff
- Posted: 06 July 2021
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Surgery Front Office Receptionist
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Flagstaff
As our highly visible Patient Services Representative/Surgery Front Office Receptionist, you'll be our first impression, greeting each patient personally and gathering important information for their visit. Your initiative and organizational skills will keep us running at top performance, while your enthusiasm and compassion will provide an exceptional patient experience.
- Obtains complete chart from patient care counselor and provide to nurses
- Prepares patient for admission with correct personal information and head cover
- Prepares surgical chart for the surgery day; apply patient labels to chart forms
- Assembles medical records in established format for filing
- Informs manager of specific equipment supplies requested for pending surgery days
- Creates surgery schedule for the following day and make copies
- Arranges for pick-up of specimens by lab courier and note in specimen log book
- Works in close contact with A/R for accuracy of surgery log and correct errors as soon as possible
- Keeps dictation log and surgery log book up-to-date and accessible for personnel
- Notifies anesthesia team each day with location, cut time and name of surgeon operating
- Forwards surgery schedules as needed to surgeons and weekly schedules to insurance department
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Detailed oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Prior hospital or ophthalmology experience preferred
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.