Patient AR Specialist Phoenix- $1,000 sign on BONUS!
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 09 September 2019
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Patient A/R Specialist
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix-Biltmore
As a Patient A/R Specialist, you'll collects payments for an assigned segment of the Accounts Receivable and perform collection duties in accordance with established federal and state regulations. The Patient A/R Specialist is responsible for answering inbound patient phone calls and assisting with patient account questions.
- Follows-up with patients and ensures outstanding balances are paid
- Makes calls to and takes calls from patients, discussing their account in detail
- Ensures that patient statements are sent with accurate information on a daily basis
- Works accounts for external collection action, after all other avenues of internal collection action has been exhausted
- Take payments over the phone from patients as well as make payment arrangements if needed
- Researches and prepares patient credits and coordinates with accounting to process approved refunds
- Process bankruptcy notices according to company policy
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Performs all other assigned duties
- High School diploma or equivalent
- 5+ years medical billing experience
- Ophthalmology background is a plus
- Working knowledge of CMS guidelines, contracted insurance guidelines, and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer and math skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!