Credentialing Specialist - Phoenix
- Posted: 13 March 2020
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Revenue Cycle Management - Phoenix Biltmore Office
As a Credentialing Specialist, you'll be responsible for the processing of individual provider privileges for all providers at the AVP ambulatory surgery centers and clinics.
- Assists with initial and reappointment of privileges for medical staff, and allied healthcare professionals at AVP ambulatory surgery centers and clinics.
- Performs primary source verification of all components of the providers and facilities.
- Prepares provider files for Peer Review and MEC approvals.
- Keeps up-to-date, tracks expirations of all provider licenses, certifications as well as annual and seasonal immunization records.
- Keeps up-to-date, tracks expirations of premium services registrations (e.g., provider and location dispensing licenses & registrations)
- Ensures compliance with applicable laws and regulations of AAAHC, state and federal government agencies.
- Assists with maintaining an accurate credentialing database.
- Maintains accurate document filing in appropriate provider and facility folders.
- Assists with state and other agency surveys.
- Assists with managing initial and annual provider training.
- Performs miscellaneous job-related duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or GED required
- 1 year minimum experience directly related to healthcare medical staff credentialing
- Credentialing Data Base (ECHO) or equivalent
- Computer background (Word, Excel, Adobe & Microsoft Outlook)
- Ability to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing.
- Ability to use independent judgment to manage confidential information.
- Database management skills including accurate data entry and document generation.
- Knowledge of general credentialing terminologies.
- Superior organizational skills.
- Positive team player.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.