Supervisor of Acquisitions - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 02 June 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Business Systems and Acquisitions Manager
American Vision Partners – Phoenix (Travel %100)
As a RCM Business Systems and Acquisitions Manager, you are responsible for day-to-day operations of the RCM teams related to acquisitions, revenue cycle department training, quality assurance and system analysis.
We also expect all AVP leaders to:
Include Intentionally - Cultivates diverse teams and inclusive workplaces to encourage different ideas.
- Live the Values - Role models our values with transparency and courage.
- Enable Change - Takes action to drive change and innovation that will transform our business.
- Achieve Results - Takes personal ownership to deliver results. Empowers and trusts others in decision making.
- Develop the Best - Raises the bar with every talent decision and guides the achievement of all employees and patients.
- Manages the day to day operations of newly acquired revenue cycle teams to maximize cash flow by managing all aspects of the insurance billing and third-party collections while ensuring adherence to department policies and procedures.
- May serve as the departmental liaison with all vendors, including but not limited to, clearinghouses, contracted business partners, third party payers, and information systems.
- Provides project management, coordination, implementation, education, training, and oversight to approved RCM projects including but not limited to practice management system upgrades and RCM functions related to acquisitions.
- Identify any potential opportunities to increase EDI transactions with clearinghouses or business partners. Actively research and inquire any technology or product offering that improves RCM process efficiency and/or reduces cost with existing vendor partners
- Oversees the hiring, training, and supervision of department staff. Ensures that department policies are fairly administered by overseeing corrective action process, employee training, mentoring and coaching employees and supervisors as well as completing performance reviews.
- Develop and maintain an annual assurance plan to proactively ensure accurate and optimal revenue capture, and seek to continually improve revenue cycle operational processes while assuring compliance with regulatory guidelines.
- Monitor quality assurance results to identify risks, quality assurance opportunities and training needs.
- Assist with development of the revenue cycle training programs and new hire orientation.
- Remain knowledgeable on all HIPAA electronic transactions including claims (837), remits (835), eligibility (270/271), and claim status (276/277) Identify opportunities for implementation of HIPAA transactions
- Meets or exceeds quality and productivity standards as set by senior management
- Monitor and drive continuous improvement in key performance metrics around financial, activity and quality indicators; address performance gaps with team
- Conducts self in accordance with the company’s standard values and policies.
- Participates in a variety of educational programs, corporate and professional, to maintain current skill and competency levels.
- Position may require occasional travel to newly acquired practices.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Strong background and experience in Revenue Cycle Management.
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies.
- Demonstrated ability working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table).
- Well-organized with attention to detail.
- Ability to read and understand oral and written instructions.
- Excellent math skills. Professional customer service skills.
- Have a desire and dedication to work with self-discipline.
- Maintains the strictest confidentiality: adheres to all HIPAA guidelines and regulations.
- Minimum five years in a leadership role within a healthcare revenue cycle department.
- Previous supervisory experience with strong leadership skills and an ability to motivate others with a positive attitude.
- Leadership capability and proven successful experience in managing medium to large A/R teams.
- Experience working in Excel (advanced formulas, pivot table), PowerPoint, Word and Outlook.
- High school diploma or GED required. BA/BS in Business Administration, Account, Finance or equivalent is preferred.
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.