Ophthalmic Assistant (Phoenix Metro) - Anterior Segment Travel Team
- Posted: 12 March 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Ophthalmic Assistant - Anterior Segment Travel Team
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - will travel to Metro Valley Clinics when needed
As an Ophthalmic Assistant in the Anterior Segment Department, you'll travel with the Physicians and Nurses to all local and outlying clinics in the Metro Phoenix area. You'll be responsible for performing an extensive number of data collection functions, as delegated by the physician, to allow for proper professional diagnosis of patients conditions.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Educates patients on surgical procedures and technology as requested by the provider
- Reviews and prepares medical charts for surgery, if/as requested
- Assists with IOL planning
- Accurately enters information dictated by the physician in the electronic health record of the patient serving as his/her scribe
- Performs testing required by type of exam scheduled, patient compliant and history
- Performs visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldmann and Tonopen tonometry tests and keratometry on patients
- Checks pupils, extra-ocular muscles, confrontational fields and inserts eye drops for dilation
- Runs diagnostic tests such as Immersion A-scan, OCTs and Visual Fields
- Administers color vision, depth perception and Schirmer’s tear testing as needed
- Assists in minor office procedures (lasers, excisions, etc.)
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- A high-school diploma or GED
- Minimum of 1-year ophthalmology assistant/technician experience preferred
- COA, COT is a plus
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel to all Metro Valley clinics when needed
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.