FeaturedAssistant Controller - Tempe
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 07 July 2021
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees.
Assistant Controller - Tempe
American Vision Partners
The Assistant Controller will partner with the Controller to oversee the company's finance and accounting functions including: month-end close, consolidations, financial reporting, technical accounting, and accounting policies. This role will lead, develop, and coach a team of solid senior accountants. We are looking for a candidate with proven leadership, analytical, and technical skills.
- Oversee the month-end close process including journal entries, account reconciliations, P&L analysis, and general ledger maintenance
- Contribute best practices to monthly close and reporting process, including continuous improvements
- Lead the preparation and review of monthly financial reporting, including monthly management reporting and lender reporting packages
- Perform analytical reviews and P&L analysis to provide meaningful insights on operating performance
- Ability to operate in a fast-growing environment, including ongoing process improvement
- Work collaboratively with operations, revenue cycle, FP&A, and other departments to contribute towards operational excellence and positive patient experience
- Supervise, coach, and develop accounting team, including holding regular meetings every 2 weeks with direct reports
- Recommend and implement new financial accounting policies, procedures and controls
- Serve as primary liaison to external auditors and manage annual financial statement audits
- Work collaboratively with FP&A and other teams for accounting-related budget items during annual budget and periodic forecasting cycles
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting required
- Minimum 7 years of progressive accounting and finance experience, minimum of 2 years as an Accounting Manager, or similar position
- Thorough knowledge of GAAP (generally accepted accounting principles) and ability to research complex accounting topics, develop conclusions, and implement policies
- Strong GAAP knowledge of, and experience with, revenue recognition (ASC 606), leasing (ASC 842), consolidations (ASC 810), and business combinations (ASC 805)
- Demonstrated experience in managing a monthly close and reporting schedule
- Minimum 2 years of people management experience
- Intermediate/Expert Excel skills, strong managerial and analytical skills, required
- Excellent attention to details and organizational skills
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, required
- Professional certification (CPA or CMA) or working on certification highly preferred
- Multi-company, and business combination experience preferred
- Experience with Microsoft Great Plains (ERP) and Management Reporter highly desired
- Public accounting experience with a large firm highly desired
- Prior healthcare industry experience desired
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.