Back Office Training Coordinator - Tempe
- Posted: 07 August 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Back Office Training Coordinator
American Vision Partners - Tempe office with travel to our Clinics as needed
As a Back Office Training Coordinator, you’ll be responsible for training new and current back office staff.
- Perform all duties within the back office: medical history taking, visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldman and Tonopen test and keratometry on patients in accordance with established guidelines. Check pupils, extra-ocular muscles and confrontation fields.
- Assists Back Office Training Manger in developing workflows and training documents for back office clinic staff.
- Assists Back Office Training Manager in maintaining Back Office Training manual.
- Assists in ongoing training for Back Office clinic staff.
- Provides training to new hires for back office clinic employees.
- Trains and implements new processes, systems and assesses workflows to determine best practice.
- Assists in the resolution of operational problems and keeps lines of communication open with staff to ensure high productivity.
- Ensures compliance with personnel policies and procedures to protect the employees and the organization.
- Communicates employee problems and concerns, when appropriate, to management in order to achieve an improved rate of employee satisfaction and performance.
- Responds to the needs of others through effective communication, mutual respect and consistent follow through in order to generate trust and enhance personal effectiveness.
- Participates in performance evaluations, when asked, to help assess training needs.
- Promotes individual and organizational integrity by exhibiting ethical behavior to maintain high standards for the organization and its constituents.
- Advances personal knowledge base by pursuing continuing education and credentialing in order to enhance professional competence.
- Encourages a team oriented environment.
- Knowledgeable on the provider(s) schedules/templates and able to identify potential concerns.
- Knows, understands and follows the professional, teamwork and customer service standards.
- Travel required as based on the needs of the clinics.
- Other duties as assigned.
- High School Diploma or GED required
Minimum of 2-years ophthalmology or a medical setting and/or in a training position
Current certification as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant or higher
Valid CPR certification. Experience in Excel, Word, and Power Point preferred.
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.