Travel Retina RN - Full-Time ($2000 Sign On Bonus Offered!)
- Posted: 23 November 2020
- Tempe, AZ, USA
Phoenix, AZ, USA
Mesa, AZ, USA
Chandler, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and the M&M Eye Institute. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 45 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Travel Retina RN - $2000 Sign on Bonus Offered!
Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center - Travel to all Barnet Dulaney Perkins AZ locations
As a Retina RN, you'll be a part of the Retina Travel Team. You'll travel with the Physicians and Technicians to all local and outlying clinics statewide. As a Retina RN, you'll be responsible for providing a safe and efficient environment for the patient in the clinic. The Retina RN is also responsible for communicating with Physicians, Technicians, Nursing Assistants, Ophthalmic Assistants and outside labs.
- Prepare the Angiography room for the day with supplies and equipment needed for the doctor
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Performs visual assessment, pupillary function test, Applanation Tonometry, confrontation fields, and administers eye drops
- Maintains a smooth flow of patients to the physician, altering the testing sequence as required
- Treat, monitor, and assess adverse reactions to angiography dyes
- Assists the doctors in the exam rooms by setting up for minor procedures
- Performs duties consistent with Ophthalmic Scribe
- Provides assistance to Surgeon and Anesthesia Provider
- Maintains exam rooms and equipment, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- Maintains inventory of supplies
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing
- Current Arizona RN License
- 2+ years nursing experience
- Certified in BLS and ACLS
- Excellent IV skills, IV certification is preferred
- Ability to function calmly and efficiently in stressful situations
- Demonstrate initiative and work independently as needed, and also function as an integral member of the operation room staff
- Maintain high degree of confidentiality and privacy in all work related situations
- Ability to tolerate exposure to patients with infectious and communicable diseases
- Must be able to travel to locations throughout Arizona - mileage is a paid benefit!
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.