Surgery Assistant - Prescott (Part-Time)
- Posted: 11 May 2021
- Prescott, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, and M & M Eye Institute. We serve communities in Arizona, Nevada, New Mexico, California, Texas, and more to come!
Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 130 nationally renowned doctors across 70 locations, in addition to 20 ambulatory surgical centers and 25 satellite clinics. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees
Surgery Assistant - (Part-Time)
M&M Eye Institute - Prescott ASC; Will support Cottonwood ASC as well
As a Surgery Assistant, your strong detail orientation and multi-tasking skills will be valuable in our fast-paced, high-volume environment. You’ll assist the peri-operative team in ensuring that surgery proceeds smoothly on a day-to-day basis.
- Greets patients and visitors in a prompt, courteous and helpful manner
- Assists personnel in pre-op and post-op as directed by surgeon, anesthesia provider and/or nurse
- Disconnects patient from monitors in pre-op then move patient into surgery suite, hook patient up to monitors and oxygen
- Assists with operating room turnover and room closure
- Provides nourishment to patients as directed by the RN
- Assists nurse in pre-op with hooking up patient to monitors
- Performs tasks necessary to function as part of the patient care team and keep surgery flowing smoothly such as: making beds, emptying trash, putting away supplies, etc.
- Assists with prepping of the surgical site
- Makes pre- and post-operative patient phone calls as needed
- Stocks patient nourishment refrigerator
- Reports any malfunctioning equipment/instruments to supervisor
- Maintains infection control guidelines
- Performs any and all duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED required
- Minimum one-year medical office and/or surgery experience preferred
- CPR certification
- Experience in Ophthalmology is a plus
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule Monday-Friday
- Ability to travel between Cottonwood and Prescott
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.