Corporate Controller- Tempe
Accounting and Finance
- Posted: 20 December 2019
- Tempe, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we’re bringing the best together. Our company was created with the affiliation of Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, M&M Eye Institute and Retinal Consultants of Arizona. Today we’re one of the nation’s largest and most comprehensive ophthalmology practices with more than 52 eye care centers in Arizona and New Mexico - including 24 ambulatory surgical centers. At AVP we are committed to best in class patient care, being a pioneer in research and technology and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners- Tempe Admin
As a Corporate Controller, you’ll direct the financial accounting activities of the organization. Establishes plans, accounting procedures, and reporting guidelines. Manages general ledger, accounts payable, inventory, treasury, external audits, tax filings, and capital expenditures in a fast pace environment. Responsible for ensuring financial accounting systems can produce accurate financial statements in accordance with US Generally Accepted Accounting Principles (US GAAP).
- Implements and manages the corporate accounting cycle, including the month-end and the fiscal year end close processes to ensure that financial reports are timely and accurate in all material respects
- Communicates timely and effectively with all departments in the organization
- Manages the audit function, including scheduling and day to day oversight of the external auditor and tax activities
- Prepares lender reporting package
- Manages and leads the accounting function
- Manages treasury function
- Mergers and acquisitions including purchase accounting and integration
- Responsible for enforcing internal controls, defining access controls to financial systems
- Ensures corporate compliance with all federal, state, and local laws Assists with corporate risk management with insurance brokers. Records losses, claim payments, and premium payments in the general ledger
- Hires, trains, disciplines, evaluate, motivate, and provide guidance and leadership to the department
- Proven track record of collaboratively leading, mentoring, and developing a finance team.
- Reviews monthly balance sheet reconciliations and expense analytics
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting/Finance or related field with 10+ years of experience in a senior level finance or accounting position, CPA
- Minimum of 5 years direct people management experience
- Excellent knowledge of Generally Accepted Accounting Principles
- Experience with Private Equity
- Knowledge of GreatPlains accounting reporting system and Management Reporter a plus.
- Able to work in a fast pace environment
- Strategic and Innovative mindset
- Excellent professional written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills required.
- Ability to motivate teams to produce quality materials within tight time frames and simultaneously manage several projects
- Ability to be self-motivated without constant need of direction
- High proficiency with Excel
- Experience with healthcare preferred
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.