Authorization Specialist - Phoenix
Revenue Cycle Management
- Posted: 09 September 2021
- Phoenix, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
American Vision Partners- Phoenix Biltmore
As an Authorization Specialist, you'll verify insurance coverage, benefits, and obtain prior authorization for services.
- Contacts insurance plans to determine eligibility, obtains coverage, benefit information, and prior authorization for services
- Processes requests for prior authorization from clinics and Patient Care Coordinators
- Documents findings thoroughly and accurately
- Makes changes to demographic information as necessary in order to produce a clean patient statement
- Meets or exceeds productivity standards in the completion of daily assignments and accurate production
- Maintains an error rate in accordance with departmental policy
- Performs training with organizational staff on procedures for requesting, documenting and processing prior authorizations
- Performs additional duties as assigned
- High School Diploma or GED
- 2+ years of experience in medical billing environment
- Ophthalmology background is a plus
- Active knowledge of CMS guidelines contracted insurance guidelines and coding policies
- Demonstrated computer and math skills
- Detail oriented, reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality (HIPAA guidelines and regulations) and professionalism
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything from medical and dental to significant eye care discounts, continuing education, 401(k), 9 paid holidays plus PTO, flexible work hours and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.