Ophthalmic Assistant (Medical Back Office) - Flagstaff
- Posted: 21 September 2022
- Flagstaff, AZ, USA
At American Vision Partners (AVP), we partner with the most respected ophthalmology practices in the country and integrate best-in-class management systems, operational infrastructure, and advanced technology to provide the highest quality patient care possible. Our practices include Barnet Dulaney Perkins Eye Center, Southwestern Eye Center, Retinal Consultants of Arizona, M&M Eye Institute, Abrams Eye Institute, Southwest Eye Institute, Aiello Eye Institute, and Moretsky Cassidy Vision Correction. We are focused on building the nation’s largest and most comprehensive eye care practices and currently operate more than 100 eye care centers in Arizona, New Mexico, and Texas – including 25 ambulatory surgical centers.
At AVP we value teamwork, providing exceptional experiences, continuous improvement, financial strength, and hard work. We are committed to providing best-in-class patient care, pioneering research and technology, and most importantly, rewarding and recognizing our employees!
Barnet Dulaney Perkins - Flagstaff
As an Ophthalmic Assistant, you’ll be responsible for preparing the patient for the exam with the doctor. You’ll gather important medical information from the patient, perform preliminary tests, and gather measurements while providing highest quality of care and an exceptional patient experience.
- Welcomes patients and visitors with a positive, warm disposition
- Keeps doctors’ rooms filled to ensure clinic patient flow
- Obtains patient histories through intake assessments, making note of findings in EHR
- Performs visual acuity, auto-refraction, manual and automated lensometry, Goldmann and Tonopen tonometry tests and keratometry on patients
- Checks pupils, extra-ocular muscles, confrontational fields and inserts eye drops for dilation
- Runs diagnostic tests such as Immersion A-scan, OCTs and Visual Fields
- Administers color vision, depth perception and Schirmer’s tear testing as needed
- Assists in minor office procedures (lasers, excisions, etc.)
- Educates patients on ophthalmic conditions and consent for procedures and surgery
- Maintains exam rooms, including cleaning/sterilization as necessary
- High School Diploma or GED required
- At least 1-year of experience in Ophthalmology preferred
- COA, COT is a plus
- Detail oriented; reliable and able to multi-task in a fast-paced, high-volume work environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Flexible schedule working Monday-Friday
Benefits & Perks:
Your health, happiness and your future matters! At AVP, we offer everything medical and dental insurance, significant eye care discounts, child care assistance, pet insurance, continuing education funds, 401(k), paid holidays plus PTO, Sick Time, opportunity for growth, and much more!
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Employment is contingent upon successful completion of drug and background screening. Some positions will require a favorable driving record.